My Fridge Is Making Loud Noize?
A refrigerator is an indispensable item in any household. Most often, homeowners choose such household appliances wisely because the cost of refrigerators is quite high. And it is all the more annoying when the refrigerator starts to behave weirdly. One of the most common problems is the fridge making noise. Not the usual noise of the motor or compressor, but extraneous sounds, for example, knocking, hum or even creaking. This is already a bad signal. Why is this happening, and what to do if you have a noisy refrigerator?
Some Reasons Why Your Fridge Sounds Louder
First of all, don't panic. Sometimes, a noisy fridge is just a specific brand or a model. Another situation is when you noticed sounds that weren't heard before. First of all, let's consider why your appliance is making noise when it's new. Of course, we can talk about a factory defect but in the overwhelming majority of cases, the noise of a newly purchased refrigerator does not indicate its malfunction. The algorithm of actions, in this case, is as follows.
- Be sure to remove the shipping bolts that hold the compressor shock springs compressed during shipping. The function of these springs is to dampen vibrations that accompany compressor operation. If they are blocked, the sound becomes much louder.
- Wait for the refrigerator to enter the working cycle. The device can make a loud noise in the first hours, while the refrigerant fills the system, the parts are rubbed, the temperature in the chambers is stabilized.
- Check the distance to walls and furniture. The sound of operation may increase if the refrigerator is pressed against them closely. Provide a clearance of at least 5 cm on each side.
- Move the dishes inside the refrigerator compartment. Sometimes there is an additional hum when the engine is turned on and it is emitted by glass or metal containers in contact with each other. In addition, you should make sure that the problem really exists. Perhaps you just purchased a model that is louder than you had before. The noise level of the refrigerator in decibels can be found on the energy label.
If you hear the fridge making buzzer sounds but does not start, everything is very clear. Here you can only de-energize the device and call the repairman. But much more often the refrigerator continues to work after the appearance of noise, and in many cases even without deteriorating the quality of cooling and freezing. However, in such a situation, it is also important to disconnect the fridge from the network before the problem gets worse.
- Sometimes noticing your fridge making noise is a sign of the compressor wear, due to which backlash occurs in parts, making the fridge compressor noisy.
- It could also happen that there are loose motor mounts. When working, it begins to touch the body, making metallic sounds.
- The fan is making noise. This can be due to the drying out of the lubricant in the bearings or the freezing of the ice layer on which the blades cling.
Is It Dangerous to Ignore the Fridge Making Loud?
Of course, it will not explode in 99.9% of cases. But the noise is a bad omen. It is better to order the visit of a repairmen team from ProMaster to ensure your fridge won't turn off the other day. Besides, you can also apply for regular maintenance of your fridge to prevent weird noises in it. It won't be costly as in ProMaster, prices are the lowest in the whole GTA including Hamilton, Oakville, Mississauga and other neighborhoods. Read our customers' reviews to be sure we are your #1 repair service near me.
Our home appliance repair specialists serve all centers
- Blue Mountains
- East Gwillimbury
- East York
- Halton Hills
- Holland Landing
- King City
- North York
- Richmond Hill
- Stoney Creek